There is no greater prize than writing & being read!
All short stories will be placed on our website and promoted internationally for readers to come view your work!
Opening Date for Submissions: 25th March 2013
Closing Date for Submissions: Late Submissions accepted but will miss out on voting days!
Winners announced: 7th August 2013
Word Count Minimum 1,000 Words – Maximum 5,000
Languages: All Languages are being accepted for this competition. (We will be inviting readers from all over the World with a major focus on English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian.)
Every story must have a positive underlying message, this can be conveyed by your character, your plot line or any interesting way you can come up with; however we are looking for stories with a strong positive message.
Some ideas of what we are looking for; bravery, courage, love, commitment, seeking excellence, sacrifice, justice, keeping promises, integrity, fairness, overcoming adversity, charity, doing the right thing.
Genre: All Genres will be being accepted for the competition, SCI-FI, Thriller, Biographies, Fiction, Non- Fiction etc (Only thing we cannot accept for this competition is Adult Genres – due to marketing restrictions of this content – however we will be holding an Adult content only competition in the future which will be password restricted for readers over 18)
Mechanics of the competition:
Each story will be dedicated a page to itself in our website, where readers from all over the world can come to read your work, stories will be categorised by language of submission. At the bottom of each page readers will be invited to leave comments, the 5 stories with the highest amount of people commenting will be selected for final evaluation by our panel. Our panel will then vote for a first place winner. – Our decision is final and by entering the competition and submitting your work you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of the competition.
Terms & Conditions: A full list of the terms and conditions can be read below by each competition participant prior to placing their work on our website, confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions by ticking the relevant box in the submission form. You are fully entered into the competition once you submit your work.
Writing Competition – Prize
1st Place Prize – International Short Story Writing Competition
The winner of the competition will get a video interview on our website, as well as being featured in our press release featuring their story and a work(novel) of their choice. The press release will be distributed to the major search engines, 280,000 subscribers to our network of websites; over 30,000 journalists and bloggers. Premium news outlets such as USA Today, NY Times, Washington Post and many more.
(Worth over $1,000)
The four runner ups will also get a free interview and further free promotion from Author’s Promoter.
Submission to the Short Story Competition!
Fill in the form below, age is not required but preferred (no penalty for excluding it), copy and paste the text of your story into the box named story. Should you encounter any difficulties email your story with the required information to email@example.com
Terms & Conditions International short story competition
I would like to start by personally congratulating you on preparing to submit your work for the International Short Story Competition held by Author’s Promoter.
A number of emails will follow in order to assist you in making the most of the competition as well as other beneficial emails.
The intention of the competition is to truly assist you as an author in a number of ways; at Author’s Promoter we truly believe that writing is not the only thing an author must do to truly be successful in the industry. To truly excel an author must be capable of enhancing their chances of success.
By officially entering the competition you will also be walked through certain steps to assist you in promoting yourself. This will be achieved by emails with tips on how to promote yourself.
We also believe in the importance of writing with purpose.
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything. – Malcolm X
This is why one of the entry requirements is that your writing has a positive message.
As mentioned like any competition there are indeed Terms & Conditions which need to be agreed by both parties; us and you for this reason below we have listed the Terms & Conditions, to fully enter the competition all that is required is to use the form above to send it in your short story; it is important to note that submission means you agree to the Terms & Conditions below.
1. Copyright – Worldwide Copyright of the submitted short story remains with the author, however Author’s Promoter will have unrestricted rights to publish the story on any media and relevant promotional material.
2. Data – Authors Promoter will have unrestricted rights to promote any interviews or communications with the respective author of the work, this is however limited to communications related to the short story competition.
3. Fairness – Author’s Promoter commits to the author that fairness is applied in the judging of the competition.
4. Author’s Promoter retains the right to disqualify any entrant, especially in cases of unfair practice.
5. The competition is open to all nationalities as well as all employees of Author’s Promoter and any affiliated companies, however Author’s Promoter employees, family members and anyone else connected to the competition cannot WIN – only participation is allowed. Participating employees or their family members will be marked as such on their page for full transparency.
6. 5 entrants will be selected based on number of unique individuals leaving comments on their stories up until the 30th of May 2013 23:59 GMT – 0.
7. A panel of 5 judges will choose the winner from the 5 stories based on a number of elements such as quality, message, fluidity and entertainment value.
8. The panels decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries. The panel of judges remains anonymous to ensure fairness.
9. The winner selected by the panel will get a video interview on our website, as well as being featured in our press release featuring information about their story and a work (eg. Novel, Play, Book etc) written by them. The press release will be distributed to the major search engines, 280,000 subscribers to our and our affiliates network, over 30,000 journalists and bloggers. This includes premium news outlets such as USA Today, NY Times, Washington Post and many more. We guarantee submission not pick up.
10. Winners must agree to a video interview or forfeit their prize to the next runner up.
11. The winner will be notified by email, and announced on our site as well as other social media platforms. If the winner does not contact us and make themselves available for an interview within 14 days the prize will be forfeited to the next runner up. If a winner rejects their prize for any reason then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Author’s Promoter will be entitled to select another winner.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
13. No purchase of any services from Author’s Promoter is required for entry into this competition.
14. You release Author’s Promoter of any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or dissappointment suffered by you as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. Author’s Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damages person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
15. Author’s Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Author’s Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Author’s Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
17. The competition shall be governed by the Laws of the State of Florida, United States of America.
18. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
19. Should the work require translation for promotional purposes, the author will be advised of this and can select to either translate the work themselves and have it reviewed by an editor of our choosing to ensure it is equivalent to the initial story or alternatively Author’s Promoter will be given the rights to translate the story; the translation is final and the author rescinds the right to contest the translation or request amendments. Costs of translation done by Author’s Promoter will be fully incurred by Author’s Promoter, costs of translations entered into by the authors themselves will be incurred by the author.
20. Author gives editing and proofing rights to Author’s Promoter to ensure that the work is at its optimum any editing costs entered into will be borne solely by Author’s Promoter at no expense to the Author.
These Terms & Conditions are here to protect your rights as an author and our rights; as well as enabling us to promote your work in the best manner and allow us to administer the competition.
If you are in agreement and wish to enter the competition kindly submit your short story.